Research has consistently shown that parental involvement in a child's learning is a key factor in that child's achievement in school.
The purpose of Home learning:
- Home learning reinforces skills, concepts and information learned in class.
- Home learning prepares pupils for upcoming class topics.
- Home learning teaches pupils to work independently and develop self-discipline.
- Home learning encourages pupils to take initiative and responsibility for completing a task.
- Home learning allows parents to have an active role in their child's education and helps them to evaluate their child's progress.
The top benefits of Home learning:
- Deepens pupils’ understanding of a subject matter
- Home learning provides a measurement of pupils’ learning for teachers
- Trains pupils to solve problems
- Gives pupils another opportunity to review class material
- Parents get to see the content being taught in school
- Pupils learn to take responsibility for their part in the educational process
- Trains pupils to work independently
- Pupils learn to stay organized, act and plan
- Pupils learn about time management